It is often claimed that dragon fruit is healthy for you! But is this true? Of course! Dragon fruit has many benefits. Pitaya fruits contain heaps of vitamins and minerals! In addition, they have many more advantages we will tell you all about! We have listed the reasons why dragon fruit healthy
is for you!
Advantages of eating dragon fruit
Understandably, dragon fruit is becoming more and more popular now that more and more people are realizing the benefits of eating dragon fruit! Did you know that dragon fruit can contribute to a healthier lifestyle? We have listed the pitaya health benefits below:
- High amount of antioxidants – Antioxidants are responsible of eradicating free radicals in the body
- Detox your body – boost your immune system by eating dragon fruit!
- Dragon fruit for weight loss – Dragon fruit contains very low calories, plus it can reduce your food cravings
- Regulation of your cholesterol level – Dragonfruit can help to keep your cholesterol under control, great isn’t it?
- Diabetic? – The high fiber levels of this fruit makes it essential for regulating the blood sugar level
- Start a healthier lifestyle today – dragon fruit can help to reduce high levels of oxidative stress
- Many more benefits to discover!
How come dragon fruit is good for your health?
As dragon fruit is a really great source of dietary fiber, carbohydrate, carotene, phenolic, flavonoid, glucose, phytoalbumin, pyridoxine, betacyanin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, iron, sodium, phosphorus, polyphenol, protein, niacin, thiamine, and cobalamin.
Quite a list of why dragon fruit healthy is for you, right? In addition, the fruits are also very tasty and are used in many dishes. They are also very tasty as a snack! The advantages of dragon fruit are endless..
The nutritional value of 1 dragon fruit
An average dragon fruit weighs about 300 to 600 grams. To give the best possible picture (and so that you can calculate it yourself), we have done the following nutritional value per 100 grams:
Nutritional value per 100 gram:
- 240 kJ (57 kcal)
- 16 g carbohydrates
- 0 g fat
- 0 g protein
- 8,8 mg calcium
- 0,65 mg iron
- 0,045 mg vitamin B1
- 9 mg vitamin C
- 0,9 g fibers
Are you aware of the fact that some dragon fruit can weigh more than 1 kilo? More to enjoy right? 🙂
Does every dragonfruit have the same values?
Of course not! This also has to do with the harvest of course and the different varieties. For example, the yellow dragon fruit is known for its extra sweet taste (The best taste), as you can guess this color fruit contains more natural sugars compared to the red dragon fruit for example. The fruits with a red inside also produce betalain that contains a high level of antioxidant activity. So, red dragon fruit in general contains higher antioxidant levels compared to white dragon fruit. So, we can conclude that dragon fruit healthy is for you!